Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tangled Contrasts, 14x11
Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Back in the Studio

Happy New Year to all!

To celebrate here is the first piece in the 2016 calendar.  Yes the weather outside is frightful but I find hope in featuring flowers at this time of year.  This batch of tulips begged for the aqua vase and spring light illuminated them. I am not convinced electronic viewing does it any justice.

Getting back into the studio this week, I've been working on a still life started a couple of months ago. Inspired from a workshop from 3 years ago, the color and light has me thinking warm thoughts.

The last piece from 2015 is Grapes and Roses. The unusual juxtaposition of the roses caught me. The sculptural quality of the leaves dipping in and out of space and light yet tethered to the vines unseen pulled me into the work.

Let it snow.








No comments:

Post a Comment