Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tangled Contrasts, 14x11
Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Aaahh April, the month that keeps you guessing.

Aprils painting was made in August during the Adirondack Plein Air Festival in Saranac Lake.

There is this slow moving creek/river that I drive by at least a million times a year. One drives by and you turn your head the full 90 degrees just to look at the scene. At one point this fall I was heading home during a more than spectacular sunset and had to stop to take reference photos. But that is a story for another day.

"In the Flow"11x14 April Calendar Pic

I finally made a point to go and paint the view that wants me to drive off the road at least 5 times a week. Not an easy spot to paint. I had to set my easel up on a 45 degree angle bank. Wished I had the agility of a mountain goat to stay stable in such a precarious setup. It was a lovely day, sun on my back, cool air in my face. 

This particular day I was very sad - thinking of a good friend who passed away that week. I made it for him. I hope he is smiling wherever he is.

Currently this painting "In the Flow" is available at The Adirondack Artists' Guild in Saranac Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment