Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tangled Contrasts, 14x11
Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Have Easel. Will Travel.

"First Color" 14x11 September Calendar Pic


Sagamore in the background, me in the fore working like crazy.
A painting opportunity arose for September, three days at Camp Sagamore, with a contingent of New York Plein Air Painters. Weather was a bit iffy for oil painter and pastel painter alike with low clouds, really low - touching the lake, and less than ideal temperatures. Wind pants and Patagonia gear, fingerless gloves, wool hat and yes even the easel umbrella came out. The stream moving out of the lake caught my attention with the scoured rocks strewn recklessly all the way down stream. This upstream view with the little maple tentatively announcing the change in the season, made me stay until I was too chilled to move.

There are a few pieces from this paint outing - one is still questioning me, another demanding time, another makes me laugh but I am not sure it will be seen anywhere but at the studio. It is of several boats and kayaks out on a dock, the yellow kayak looking very much like a big ole banana.

"First Color" is as yet unframed, hanging out in my studio. Come visit and see it up close. Better yet decide on a frame and bring it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment