Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tangled Contrasts, 14x11
Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Day 20 Painting with radar.

Day 20 Church Pond Canal Plein Air 5x7 $100 unframed.
Like a race or a quick draw, today was being timed by the weather. Radar said an hour and a half, then rain - forever I think. Risky decision making had me actually standing in the canal at Church Pond - what was left of it after the drought  - one foot of the easel placed on a found branch to keep it from sinking into the muck of the canal, painting without a thumb nail, aiming for the light at the end  of the tunnel.

Here is where the challenge will be for me. Most of the lovely maples are done and they are claiming an insane snow event over the weekend (20 inches on the mountains!). I am a self proclaimed fair weather painter but I am going to do my best to find what is beautiful and interesting in spite of the incoming weather. I may travel to lower altitudes Keene perhaps and see what may be possible. Just hafta see.

Stay tuned.

Artliveslong, D

No comments:

Post a Comment