Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tangled Contrasts, 14x11
Tangled Contrasts, 14x11

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day 31 Trick or Treat?

Day 31 Trick or Treat 7x5 NFS
Good things come to those who wait. I knew I wanted a Halloween face for the last one of the month but the day is only 24 hours long. Got the reference after the loot had been gathered then spread across the floor.

This is a tiny portrait for me 7x5. I feel like there is a ton of work to be done to finish it but in the spirit of the 31 in 31 challenge I will say that is it.

It never fails to amaze me when I start a portrait big or small my confidence falls straight to the floor. I pick up pieces of it and struggle to get past the beginning and then all of a sudden the face actually emerges. O! It's there, needs a little of that there and a little of this here. and the image appears.

Portraits are not like landscape to me. Portraits tell me, if it works, that I can see. The ah ha moment is almost physical, a surprise. An adventure with no guaranteed result. It is why I will keep at it.

Thanks to all who are reading. 31 in 31 will be shown during Artist at Work Studio Tour Nov. 11&12 10-4 at my studio – 815 SR 86 Gabriels. Most will be matted. some framed and some have already been sold. Stop in and check them out live.

I will continue to work at making a painting a day. Keeps the synapses snapping.

Stay tuned.

Artliveslong,

No comments:

Post a Comment